Do you have diabetes? 10 Tips to take care of your skin.
People with diabetes are more likely to suffer from skin problems and therefore it is very important to take care of your skin. Dryness, peeling, lack of elasticity, itching … are some of the signs and symptoms of approximately one third of people with diabetes.
We give you 10 tips to take care of your skin:
- Use a mild soap, without perfumes or dyes. And don’t abuse the use of soap. The Solid Derma Soap of 5punto5 is made with butters (i.e. shea butter) and first cold pressure vegetable oils, without dyes or perfumes, so it is optimal for these cases.
- The water always warm, not hot. Extreme temperatures are not well tolerated. Also, dry your skin by absorption and not by drag.
- Moisturize your skin after the shower. The creams are better absorbed when the skin is moist.
- The hydrating cream should be emollient, with a high percentage of butter (shea butter, cocoa) and first cold pressure vegetable oils. The formulas of the Hydrating Cream for Dry Skin for facial care from 5punto5 is adapted to these characteristics, providing calm to your skin.
- Take care of your feet: daily washing, smoothing hardness and always well protected. Remember that if you keep the feet soaking it dries the skin. Avoid humidity between the toes.
- If you have flaking, thickening and / or itching the best is the use of a balm or ointment, such as Emollient Balm of 5punto5.
- Always use sun protection. Avoid burns.
- Use only hypoallergenic products and without fragrances.
- Moderate physical exercise is essential. Aerobic and anaerobic exercises improve your health, and therefore, your skin.
- Do not smoke: it reduces the blood flow in the extremities, affecting the skin.