Rebound effect of acne after summer … and 10 tips to avoid it.
The sun is present in our day to day and affects the state of our skin … and in the case of acne it has a contradictory relationship – why?
It is true that during the summer season, where our exposure to the sun is greater, our acne improves, and it will do so for several reasons:
- The first is perhaps obvious … thanks to the degree of tanning that is achieved during these months, our skin is perceived aesthetically better, we all look more beautiful and even imperfections are disguised.
- In addition, the UV radiation we receive from the Sun has a bactericidal effect with which the population of Propionibacterium Acnes is more controlled. Remember that the increase in the population of these bacteria is related to the occurrence and aggravation of acne cases.
- And to end this momentary improvement, I will tell you that the Sun has an immunosuppressive effect, so the inflammation that accompanies acne lesions will decrease.
Therefore, it is true that during the summer we notice a certain improvement … the problem is that in the autumn season and if we have not taken the appropriate measures we will suffer what can be defined as a “rebound effect” post summer, with which we are not only going to lose that improvement but it can even get worse.
Why? Because basically our skin suffers a greater degree of aggression, it has become dehydrated, the stratum corneum has thickened to precisely protect us from the sun and to close the equation, the sebaceous secretion has increased. All this, together with the fact that summer is a prone time to relax our habits, makes us suffer this worsening.
In short… think that with the Sun we have that duality, a momentary improvement and also a comedogenic effect.
So at the end of the summer and exposed to a rebound in our “acne”, we propose some tips that can help you:
- Never forget about cleaning your skin, morning and night. How? With derma gel + toner @ 5ounto5. Remove makeup with dry oil @ 5punto5, suitable for oily skin.
- Remember to exfoliate your skin about 2 times a week, at night. The toner, used with gauze, produces an exfoliating effect.
- Do not manipulate your acne lessions. For imperfections, use the Roll-on S.O.S. @5punto5.
- Keep the skin hydrated. Oily skin should also be hydrated. In the morning, use a cream suitable for skins with acne. At night, a serum is the most recommended option. We recommend the oily skin cream and the vitamins serum, from @5punto5.
- With regards to makeup, always choose a “suitable” one for oily skin.
- Use sunscreen suitable for oily or acne-prone skin.
- Consume seasonal fruits and vegetables. Avoid insulin spikes.
- Exercise moderately, both aerobic and anaerobic.
- Do not forget to sleep at least 7 hours a day, avoiding stress.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol.