Skin care tips after a day at the beach or pool with Blanca González from Farmacia Orillamar
Blanca González - F. Orillamar
Sun protection, as well as the use of hats, glasses … and avoiding the sun in the middle of the day (12.00 to 16.30h) are key in skin care.
But skin care after a day or hours of having been exposed to the sun, the water of the beach or the pool needs to be enhanced. And do not forget that the skin has memory.
We give you some tips after solar exposure:
- Clean the skin, with warm water and a suitable soap / gel according to the type of skin. Dry by absorption and not by dragging.
- Tone the face, neck and neckline. You will notice a more hydrated and refreshed skin. Trick: keep the toner in the fridge to cool even more.
- Take care of the skin with cosmetic rich in antioxidant and moisturizing ingredients, in order to repair, moisturize, moisturize and nourish the skin. During the summer hydration is key.
From a facial perspective it is recommended:
- First, a serum rich in antioxidants (vitamins A, E, C, with plant extracts and seaweed…) and moisturizing factors such as hyaluronic acid. We could say that the serum is our best ally for summer, having a light texture and at the same time providing high concentrations of active ingredients.
- Subsequently, a moisturizing and regenerating cream, according to the type of skin and age. Creams with butters, first cold pressure vegetable oils, hydrolates, aloe vera… will help you feel your skin is in calm.
- The eyes contour should not be neglected in summer. It is essential to use good glasses that protect against the sun together with the use of a specific cream. It is a very sensitive area that must be carefully cared for.
For corporal care, after showering and taking advantage of the fact that the skin is moist, you should use amoisturizing cream, highly emollient. A trick: incorporate a few drops of oil in your usual cream, in order to provide greater emollient and restorative power.
The hair is not less important. The use of a specific oil is a good habit to repair, moisturize and nourish the hair after sunbathing.
- It is a good time to drink water with a few drops of lemon and give back the possible dehydration caused by the sun and high temperatures. A good habit: drink 2.5 litters of water each day, in its various options.
- Enjoy a combination of seasonal fruits of different colors, providing hydration and high antioxidant power.
- And do not skip the night skin care routine. Even if you have complied with the above, before you go to bed you should clean the skin well. A tip for summer nights, after facial cleansing and while you sleep: use a moisturizing mask, at least 2 or 3 times a week. It will provide an extra hydration and regeneration, minimizing the impact of free radicals. The balms are also a very interesting option if you want an extra moisturizing and regenerating mask.
What is the essential post-solar kit of 5punto5?
- Dermatologic soap or gel, depending on the type of skin.
- Equalizer toner.
- Vitamins or repairing serum, according to your age.
- Moisturizing cream, according to age and skin type.
- Dry oil.
- Emollient balm.
In colaboration with Blanca González from Farmacia Orillamar.